Lime-infused Mung Bean Bread, vegan & grain-free!
Looking for a grain-free bread that actually tastes light and refreshing? How about one that is made from mung bean and infused with refreshing citrus!
This lime-infused mung bean was inspired by Treadingmyownpath rosemary mung bean bread recipe. Similar to Lindsay’s recipe, this quick-baking bread also features a mung bean base with only 30mins bake time. Furthermore, it took a sweet and tangy spin, making it the perfect alternative to banana bread in Summer!
As always, featuring @naturalwax_wrap beautiful bees wax wrap. They are perfect for wrapping a rectangular bread loaf like this mung bean bread!! (Affiliate links below)
What are the ingredients for Lime-infused mung bean bread?
- Mung beans dried (split or whole)
- Warm water
- Coconut milk
- Maple Syrup
- Brown sugar or Coconut sugar
- Lime zest
- Juice of 2 limes
- Baking soda
- Oil, light-tasting or melted coconut oil
Prefer savory spin instead of sweet?
Check out my blog post on the original EASY ROSEMARY MUNG BEAN BREAD !
Looking for more delicious gluten-free dairy-free baked goodies?
Checkout my recipe collection here!
- GLUTEN-FREE STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD
- EASY ROSEMARY MUNG BEAN BREAD
- MIRACLE SUNBUTTER BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Lime-infused Mung Bean Bread
- 250 g Mung beans dried (split or whole)
- 80 ml Warm water
- 40 ml Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar or Coconut sugar
- 2 tsp Lime zest
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tbsp Oil light-tasting or melted coconut oil
- Place dried mung beans in a large bowl and fill with water at least triple the depth of beans
- For split moong dal, let soak for 6 hours or overnight to soften
- For whole dried mung beans, let soak for 24 to 48 hours to sprout
- When ready to prepare the batter, preheat oven at 350F
- Drain soaked mung beans and place in a blender
- Add warm water, oil, brown sugar, maple syrup and baking soda into blender
- Blend until smooth, then quickly mix in lemon juice and lemon zest
- Bake for 30 mins or until toothpick comes out clean