Gluten-free Strawberry Banana Bread
It is finally strawberry picking season and we are so excited for farms to reopen! Are you tired of regular banana bread? Looking for some refreshing flavor for the much-loved baked loaf with in-season ingredients? You are at the right place!
Adapted from From my Bowl’s recipe, this allergy-friendly gluten-free strawberry banana bread recipe uses gluten-free oat flour as it dry ingredient base. It is vegan so no dairy and no eggs! By incorporating chopped strawberries in the batter, this banana bread is super moist and fluffy with a little tartness that you will love!!
What do I need to make this recipe?
While strawberries and bananas are best to be fresh for this recipe. However, you may also use frozen varieties. It would work differently though. You will probably use the frozen strawberry mixture to make the flax egg without extra water. Adding a couple more tablespoonful of oat flour will also compensate for the extra moisture.
For the dry ingredients, below are my favorites! (affiliate links)
What can I use instead of strawberries?
This strawberry banana bread also tastes amazing substituting strawberries with rhubarb!
How long does the gluten-free strawberry banana bread last?
Although this banana bread is free of eggs and dairy, due to the moisture from the fruits, I would still recommend storing in fridge and consume within 3-4 days.
Looking for more gluten-free baking reciepes?
Check out the Belated oven recipe collection!
- GLUTEN-FREE CORN DOG MUFFINS, EGG-FREE AND DAIRY-FREE!
- LIME-INFUSED MUNG BEAN BREAD, VEGAN & GRAIN-FREE!
- EASY ROSEMARY MUNG BEAN BREAD
- MIRACLE BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH SUNBUTTER
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 3 Bananas very ripe
- 4 Strawberries diced, + 1 thinly sliced for decoration on top
- 2 1/2 cup Gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Sunflower seed butter
- 2 tbsp Ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp filtered water to make flax egg
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract or imitation vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Fine sea salt