Gluten-free Corn Dog Muffins, egg-free and dairy-free!
Got some hot dog leftovers from long weekend barbecue? This gluten-free dairy-free hot dog in a mini-cornbread would be the perfect recipe! You will love it for your weekday snack, picnic in the park and as a fun side-dish to any meal!
Inspired by Bless this Mess and Making Thyme for Health, these delicious gluten-free corn-dog muffins are irresistibly sweet and savory. Moreover, Using @mapleleaffoods Original Top Dogs, these corn dogs are nitrate-free and gluten-free.
Are corn dogs gluten-free?
You may wonder, isn’t corn dog made of corn meal which is already gluten-free?
Yes corn meal makes a large part of a corn dog batter. However, for the batter to hold together with the fine crumbs, flour is often added in the mix. Therefore, I adapted this recipe to make it gluten-free, egg-free, nut-free and dairy-free!
What is gluten-free corn-dog batter made of?
In this recipe, you will need the following (affiliate links below) to make the gluten-free corn dog muffins:
- 1-to-1 Gluten-free baking flour
- Corn meal
- Baking powder
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut oil
- Hemp seed
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Looking for more gluten-free baking recipes?
Check out the Belated recipe collection!
- LIME-INFUSED MUNG BEAN BREAD, VEGAN & GRAIN-FREE!
- GLUTEN-FREE STRAWBERRY BANANA BREAD
- EASY ROSEMARY MUNG BEAN BREAD
- MIRACLE BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH SUNBUTTER
Gluten-free Dairy-free Egg-free Corn Dog Muffins
- 2 Nitrate-free hot dog sausages
- 1 cup 1-to-1 Gluten-free baking flour
- 1 cup Corn meal
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp Ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp Water
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp Hemp seed + 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease or line muffin tin
Prepare wet ingredients
- In a medium bowl or measuring cup, make flax egg by combining ground flaxseed and water. Let sit for 10 mins
- Melt coconut oil in microwave for 15-30 seconds if needed
- Make hemp milk by blending together hemp seed and water
- Stir vinegar into hemp milk and let sit for 10 mins to curdle
Prepare dry ingredients
- In a mixing bowl, whisk to combine Gluten-free baking flour, cornmeal, salt and baking powder
Prepare cornbread batter and assemble
- Add flax egg, melted coconut oil, curdled hemp milk, and maple syrup to dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Use a spatula to quickly fold to combine
- Fill each muffin tin compartment about half way deep
- Cut hot dogs into 4 segments, place each segment into the center of each muffin batter
- Bake at 350F for 25 mins or until toothpick comes out clean
- Enjoy right away and (if there is any leftovers) store leftovers in fridge for up to 2 days