Hot Dog Fresh spring Rolls, gluten-free!
Got some extra hot dogs from weekend barbecue? How about making them into Vietnamese hot dog fresh spring rolls!! These refreshing rolls are so easy to make and packed with nutrients, perfect for a light lunch or appetizer in Summer!
Packed with flavor while being gluten-free, Top Dogs from @mapleleaffoods is my go to for hot dog sausages. Do you know that their hot dogs are not only delicious from the grill, but also boiled and sliced like ham too?
Vietnamese fresh rolls are often made with boiled shrimp, a mild flavored protein. For a quick a lazy shortcut, I used sliced hot dogs that gives a similar texture and a little more paced in flavor!
How to make hot dog fresh roll?
This hot dog fresh roll is not your typical hot dog rolls. They are not baked, nor loaded with wheat flour, yeast and gluten!
After preparing all the ingredients, the trickiest part is the rolling! Check out the video below on how to assemble a Vietnamese Spring Roll.
Where to find the ingredients for fresh spring rolls?
Vietnamese fresh rolls are so versatile that you can put in any fresh salad greens and raw veggies. For more authentic taste, incorporate some fresh Thai basil in them too!
To keep it gluten-free and quick cooking. I recommend the thin rice noodle type like these ones below. (Affiliate links) They are so thin that it almost cooks instantly the moment it touches boiling water so be sure not to overcook them!
You can also find rice paper in Asian supermarkets or online.
Looking for more delicious naturally gluten-free Asian recipes?
Check out my Asian recipe collection here!
- VEGAN SUSHI HAND ROLL, NATURALLY GLUTEN-FREE
- SUSHI ROLLS ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT MADE UNDER $5!
- VERMICELLI WITH LEMONGRASS WINGS
- SIMPLE CHICKEN STIR-FRY ONIGIRI
Gluten Free Hot Dog Fresh Rolls
- 2 Gluten-free hot dogs sliced diagonally
- 2 cups Lettuce or spinach
- 1/2 Red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/4 Onion thinly sliced
- 1 serving Rice vermicelli dried
- 4 Rice Paper
- In a pot, bring 1L of water into a boil
- Place hot dogs into boiling water and cook for a few minutes, pick it out and set aside
- Turn off the heat, then add vermicelli into the pot. Stir until vermicelli is softened to your desired texture, drain and set aside.
- Using the same pot of water or a new plate of water, place a rice paper in for 1 minute and let it soften
- Place softened rice paper on cutting board and lay toppings over horizontally near the bottom 3rd of the wrapping
- Gently and neatly fold in the sides, then fold in the bottom and roll up to zeal