Healthy Tomato-free Minestrone Soup with Ground Beef
Healthy minestrone soup made with wholesome ingredients, ready in 6 to 8 hours straight from the slow cooker!
Hope everybody still going strong in this mandatory pantry challenge during the time of social distancing.
If you find yourself out of tomatoes, or like us with allergies, you wouldn’t miss the familiar taste of umami-rich minestrone soup with this tomato-free version!!
Where did you get all these beautiful veggies for the minestrone soup?
We made this stew the week we received these beautiful multi-color carrots from Zephyr Organics. It was so therapeutic to focus and chop up all the colorful veggies!
How do you make tomato-free minestrone soup from scratch?
What you need is simply:
- protein: ground meat or lentils
- veggies: tender veggies and root veggies
- something that paints it red, like beet root
- spices and herb: cumin, basil, oregano, etc.
Slow cooker recipes are one of the the core rotations of our family’s meal prep routines. Usually we throw in a protein, some root veggies (and even carbs) then some spices and herb to complete the flavor.
For the 4-quart Crockpot (affliate link) that we own, if the stack the food all the way up, it will cook a week worth of lunch for two of us!
Looking for more gluten-free slowcooker recipes?
Check out the Belated recipe collection here!
- THE PERFECTLY MOIST ROAST BEEF
- 1-POT MINIMALIST LIME AND MINT CHICKEN BREASTS
- EASY SLOW COOKER ROSEMARY CHICKEN QUARTERS
Tomato-free Minestrone Stew with Ground Beef
- 2 cups Dried Black eye pea soaked for 3 hours
- 1/2 lbs Ground beef
- 2 Carrots yellow and red used here, diced
- 4 Celery stalks diced
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Pepper
- 6 cups Broth of choice or filtered water
- Slow cooker: Place all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours
- Stove-top: Place all ingredients in pot, bring it to a boil and simmer on medium to low heat for 30-45 mins