Chicken Enchilada with Beet Sauce
Rolling into the weekend with this amazing gluten-free dairy-free chicken enchilada with beet and tomato sauce!
As cooler night comes, are you ready for the BEET season? This enchilada recipe is so rich in color, texture and flavor with tomato, onion and beets. Furthermore, it is perfect for sneaking in beet in a delicious way for your picky eaters at the table too!
What tools do I need for making chicken enchilada with the beets sauce?
I recommend using a small countertop steamoven or toaster oven for baking the enchilada. This allows maximum energy efficiency while heating up your enchiladas, blending together the flavors and melt the dairy-free cheese perfectly!
To make a rich and creamy sauce, a handheld immersion blender is perfect for the task! Forget about scooping the hot contents into a blender and make a mess! Instead, reach for a good quality immersion blender that allows you to blend the hot liquid right inside the pot. It can’t get any easier than that!
For prepping the cooked chicken breast, my favorite hands-off method is using a slow cooker. Simply throw in the chicken, apply seasoning, then see ya in 6 hours! Need a recipe? See my 1-POT MINIMALIST LIME AND MINT CHICKEN BREASTS !
Looking for more one-pan baked recipes?
Check out the belated recipe collections here!
- MOUTH-WATERING OPEN-FACE CHICKEN TACO BAKE
- SAUSAGE SHEET-PAN DINNER + MEAL-PREP
- SIMPLE BROILED SALMON WITH JERUSALEM ARTICHOKES
- ROASTED CAULIFLOWER GREENS – UNEXPECTED FREE VEGGIES!
Chicken Enchilada with Beets and Tomato Sauce
- 3 cups Cooked and seasoned chicken breast (I made mine in a slow cooker!) shredded
- 1 Tomato large, diced, or sub with 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 Onion large, diced
- 1 Beet medium, diced
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili pepper flakes
- 7 Gluten-free tortilla
- 1/4 cup Dairy-free cheese (I made my own mochi cheese!) shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- Heat cooking oil in a sauce pan or medium pot over medium heat
- Add onion to saute until fragrant. Then add tomatoes into pot and cover
- Add diced beets and 1/2 cup water if content is drying out. Cover and reduce to a simmer until beets are tender
- Turn off heat. Add peprika and chili pepper flakes then blend content in sauce pan until desired consistency. Season to taste
- Preheat oven to 275F
- Roll 1/3 to 1/2 cup of shredded chicken into each tortilla and arrange them in baking dish
- Pour blended sauce over arranged tortilla rolls. Sprinkle dairy-free shredded cheese on top
- Bake enchiladas at 275F for 15 mins until chicken is warmed up and cheese is melted
- Serve and enjoy!