Quick Sausage Pho with Spinach
If you ask me what was the at-home lunch that I grew up with, I would say it is my mom’s noodle soup bowls!! From vermicelli, rice sticks to pasta, everything taste so comforting in a clear broth!
Whenever I get a chance to cook my own lunch fresh at home (I know there’s plenty of opportunity now!), noodle soup is my go-to. Why would I pick a cold sad salad over a warm bowl of quick sausage pho! Bonus, you can make them so quickly with minimal ingredients!
Our local butcher shop (P&F Meats!) sells excellent gluten-free, nitrate-free sausages. So packed with flavor yet so easy to meal prep and put in any meal!
Which type of rice noodle should I use for quick sausage pho?
If you are new to gluten-free Asian cooking, you might be overwhelmed by the range of different rice noodles out there. From vermicelli, rice sticks, rice pasta, to brown rice ramen, thin, medium, thick, extra thick…
For this particular recipe, I would recommend dry flat rice sticks with about 3.5 mm width like this one (Affliate link).
Looking for more Asian rice noodle recipes?
Check out the belated recipe collection here!
- HOT DOG FRESH SPRING ROLLS, GLUTEN-FREE!
- ONE-PAN SINGAPOREAN VERMICELLI
- VERMICELLI WITH LEMONGRASS WINGS
- GLUTEN-FREE WONTONS, SILKY THIN CANTONESE STYLE!
Chicken sausage pho
- 1 Chicken sausage cooked, or authentic Cha lua
- 200 Rice sticks half of a 200g package
- 1 and 1/2 L Filtered water
- 4 cups Broth of choice
- 2 handfuls Spinach
- 2 + 1 tbsp Sea salt
- Fill a pot with filtered water and bring it to a boil. Add 2 tbsp of sea salt and rice sticks to pot of boiling water.
- Once all rice sticks have submerged under the salt water, cover with lid and turn off the heat
- Rinse spinach if needed. Cut chicken sausage into 1/8 inch slices
- Check rice sticks if they are at desired doneness. Bring back to heat if needed. Drain and place cooked noodles in serving bowls
- Add broth to pot and bring to a boil
- Add 1 tbsp of sea salt. Turn off heat and use the remaining heat to warm up chicken sausage and wilt spinach
- Pour broth onto noodles in serving bowls and arrange sausage and spinach on top
- Bonus: Add fermented onions for a flavor boost!
Made this recipe? Tag us #belatedbrewery and @belatedbrewery, we love to see your pictures!